free website stats program Intermittent Miss | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Intermittent Miss

I am comfortable using a meter. I may have to buy a new one though. The one I have is not capable of much. I hate paying someone to work on my bike. The only reason I ever do is time availability or the job requires tools that I don't possess and can't quit justify buying. All that said, time is at a premium for me right now. I am working 60-70 hours a week and spend another 10-12 hours commuting. All that means it may be several days before I am able spend some time on this problem, but I will eventually carry out any suggestion given.

Jack, I'm not sure what you wanted me to see here. Your link took me to another post about an ECM program change that contained another link to something else. I could not open the second link so I'm not really sure what this involved. I had the ETMS turned on and a stage one download done in the fall of 2010. I assume that would have installed the latest upgrades. Does that answer your question?

The updated "smoothing" cals were added later for stage 1 and 2 with and without EITMS, for some models, via digital technician. My reference to overwriting was that any new cal overwrites the old. The smoothing cals do not apply to those who have SE Race Tuner and if loaded would overwrite the SERT cal. If your dealer loaded the updated version of your original stage cal, your OK. Refer to Service Bulletin M-1185 for updated cal listings
I found the answer here, looks like you should be good to go:s

Whew! Now I remember why I never changed the fuel filter...costs $100.00 and it is a pain in the butt! Fuel filter changed, IAC cleaned, inspected plugs and wires and checked for intake leaks. Wires look ok. Sprayed carb cleaner on the intake compliance fittings. The front cylinder responded slightly right after start up, but as the engine warmed towards operating temperature it no longer showed any RPM change. The rear plug looks to me like that cylinder is running too warm. First picture is the rear plug, second is the front. Guess I will find out Monday if I helped it. Thanks again everyone.

Well...so far so good. Never missed once on the way to work and back today. Hopefully this continues. Thanks again for the help.

Well...it's been a week and 500+ miles without a hiccup. I am not sure if it is the new fuel filter or a clean IAC, but one of them seems to have cured the problem. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Back