free website stats program intermitant knock at idle low end. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

intermitant knock at idle low end.

Even if you replace with a new nut, have .030" shaved off the end. The reason Jeff's comp nut would not hold the torque value was because it was a bit too long. So when torqued to spec, the clamping torque required to keep the nut tight was not achieved. Refer to the pictures Stray Dog posted and you will understand. Torque value achieved but the nut bottoms out before the necessary clamping pressure is achieve and over time, the nut loosens up.:hii

I need to edit the above post. Jeff's problem was not as indicated above. Just noted that his bike is an '07 and completely different primary and compensator and what I posted applies only to the early compensators. The later compensator problems and fixes have been well documented on the HD forums. Apologies for not catching that Jeff's bike is a later model.:(

I need to edit the above post. Jeff's problem was not as indicated above. Just noted that his bike is an '07 and completely different primary and compensator and what I posted applies only to the early compensators. The later compensator problems and fixes have been well documented on the HD forums. Apologies for not catching that Jeff's bike is a later model.:(

Mines a 05 dolt, I had to go back and make sure I had the correct year posted.

Mines a 05 dolt, I had to go back and make sure I had the correct year posted.

OK, my bad. What I posted did apply; don't know how I got '07 out of '05 but was concerned that I had posted some inaccurate information. Thanks for the correction.:hii

OK, my bad. What I posted did apply; don't know how I got '07 out of '05 but was concerned that I had posted some inaccurate information. Thanks for the correction.:hii

Easy to do Dolt, I ride an 07, my brother Jeff has the 05 bagger:s

Ya had me thinking so I went back to my profile to double check. Maybe your like me when it comes to the keyboard, my fingers are to fast for my brain.:newsmile100:

Back