free website stats program interface module for sert | Harley Davidson Forums

interface module for sert

hogrotten

does anyone know if the interface module is different or is it just the software that is different on the race tuners?

Thanx for the reply hobbit,I was wondering i the module from say a carburated race tuner could be used for a touring model given you had the correct software for the model year?

its not really an ECM its a ignition module, it controls spark, knock and few other electrical parts but does not control fuel, like a true ECM
race tuners lock to the bike they have been used on - my dealer found this out when they swapped my ECM i told them i would need a new one but they said nope we will be able to swap the race tuner, wrong i ended up with new ECM and new Race tuner.
so in answer NO even with the correct software it wont work as it wont recognise the bike

Not even a new one that was never used?

A new one (never hooked to a bike) will work. The 1st time it communicates with an ECM, it will be married to that ECM. And if your in California, that means 50% of your net worth!:p

Just hope it is not another one of those never been used ones off ebay

well it's a still in the pkg one on ebay but the hardware is for a carburated model,that being said you can pick up th cd software for the touring models without buying the interface and i was just curious if it would work? Thanx for all the replies!

Shooting from the hip on your answer, I would say no. I can't imagine the firmware in the interface being compatible with anything except what came with it.. But you can try it. The worse that will happen is it wont work. Your not going to burn anything out.

Back