free website stats program Interesting CAT news | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Interesting CAT news

'Remember reading this cat converter myth a few years ago. Al :USA :CONNECTICUT

Good to see RWB back, is this urban Myth? I know convertors have always been supposed to be worth big money, or so I was lead to believe

Hey guy, I've been kinda busy, just don't get on that much anymore. Not the end of the world though. There are other things to do. I try to check in every now and again.

Not sure what "myth" Al is referring to. I personally know folks on boths ends (who have had theirs stolen, and the salvage folks price thing) and it is no myth. In fact it's been going on for a good 3 yrs. Probably won't stop unless metals price goes down. I know a guy works detailing cars said he knows of car dealers (with no security) having a whole string of them gone in one night.

It would appear we have hijacked this thread... In Florida we have the the castle doctrine. No retreat needed, it applies to your home, car or where you are legal to be. Force can be used to meet force when someone is attempting to comment forcible felony, prevent death, or great bodily harm. But, you can not shoot after the threat has ended.
Anyway... Back to the CAT news... Pardon the interuption.

Don't worry bout the hijack it's only a causal thread anyhow. You're right about the law. I'm also right about being worried for which mental patterns are sitting on my jury. I've been on juries before, the law is only "supposed" to apply. In the jury room it is not necessarily always viewed the same. Our courts cannot always play a video and a good lawyer can create all kinds of reasonable doubt, when the truth is not seeable.

Well since we cant use firearms here in BC, the thief would have a Louisville Slugger logo imprinted. Of course it would be self defense though! :bigsmiley14:

Hopefully it would be as such. However in those states most thieves carry guns that will back your slugger down.

Anyhow check the prices on your old converter before you 'whatever' with it.

It would appear we have hijacked this thread... In Florida we have the the castle doctrine. No retreat needed, it applies to your home, car or where you are legal to be. Force can be used to meet force when someone is attempting to comment forcible felony, prevent death, or great bodily harm. But, you can not shoot after the threat has ended.

Meaning if the guy has robbed you and is running away, you can not shoot him after the fact. Here you will get arrested and charged for that. So that's what I meant about entrance holes in the front vs. entrance holes in the back.

Anyway... Back to the CAT news... Pardon the interuption.

OOPS, yea my apologies also, especially to RWB (SledDog, thanks for the excellent clarification and for getting us back on track, this was a cool thread...thanks to RWB for starting it!)

like SleDog said...back to comments on the CAT!

Well had to put one on wifes car and had to turn in the core. now i know why. thought that was weird wanting the core. didnt think they rebuilt them. they just wanted the stuff in it:11:

I can see the reasoning behind the core exchange, also. I had to do that on drum brake shoe for my car. I wonder if they would have charged a higher price if for some reason there was no core exchange, or you bought it without having it installed.

Do the Harley dealers charge for, or require a core exchange?

Gotten so bad here in Omaha that metal recycling centers must do fingerprint/info. cards on their customers for LEO. Not a myth at all...they're stealing anyting they can lay hands on (copper fm new houses, brass fm cemetery plots, manhole covers, etc.).

I havent heard of anybody stealing Cat's off of cars here, but thieves are cutting down cable wires, and recently Live power lines. All for the copper.

I can see the reasoning behind the core exchange, also. I had to do that on drum brake shoe for my car. I wonder if they would have charged a higher price if for some reason there was no core exchange, or you bought it without having it installed.

Do the Harley dealers charge for, or require a core exchange?

To my knowledge there are no reman parts from Harley so there should be no core, but with warranty work you will not get your old parts back, The MOCO gets them

To my knowledge there are no reman parts from Harley so there should be no core, but with warranty work you will not get your old parts back, The MOCO gets them

Interesting... I thought, if nothing else, the dealer would have set up some kinda deal to recycle them locally.

Interesting... I thought, if nothing else, the dealer would have set up some kinda deal to recycle them locally.

Take off exhaust air cleaners and some other stock parts some times end up at local swap meets. TCHD in MN used to have a swap meet in the spring with take off parts like these for sale:s

Back