free website stats program Interested in 2004 FXDL for sale | Harley Davidson Forums

Interested in 2004 FXDL for sale

Wild1

This bike has everything I like. It's at a Harley dealer, it's Glacier White which looks beautiful, it has
really nice solid rims, high handlebar but only about 6-8", it has a nice two up seat and sissy bar, it has
20,000 miles and appears to look virtually mint. I don't know about the cam chain issues involved with this bike? What would be a good offer?
Thank you.

I'd guess somewhere in the $6,000.00 range. Ask if the cam tensioners have been upgraded, with paperwork to document the work.

Blue book shows 4900 trade value,6700 suggested retail. around 6000 is an excellent guess! Happy dealings!

I'd guess somewhere in the $6,000.00 range. Ask if the cam tensioners have been upgraded, with paperwork to document the work.
I like that this bike is carbed, and I can avoid going to expensive HD dealer. Can you tell me anything about the 2004 year for the Low Rider, please if you can? Thank you.

I never owned one of that model, but, I also prefer carbureted engines, simpler to work on, in my opinion.
1994, isn't that the last year of the EVO motor on that bike? The EVO was one of THE BEST, as far as I'm concerned.

EVO motors were made until '98. 1999 was the 1st. year of the TC(Twin Cam). Soft Tails still had them(EVO) until 2000, then the TC88B came about.
tourbox

Okay I emailed the dealership and a salesman emailed me back. He said that the cam tensioner shoes don't have to be replaced until
50,000 miles so he's essentially saying the job hasn't been done and they're not going to do it.

If it were myself, I'd make it a stipulation in regards to the purchase.
Also, you can maybe get a 5 year extended warranty for a reasonable extra cost.

That's why he's a salesman and not a tech. I've seen many to include mine that needed replacing long before 50,000 miles.

Salesmen need to stick to selling and quit giving bad information.

Just to be sure do you mean just shoes replaced with Cyco shoes for example or a hydraulic upgrade? Also

Back