free website stats program intercom helmets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

intercom helmets

The wife and I use HJC modular helmets with our 09 ultra and the hd headsets. They work fine. I just put the speakers behind the ear padding and cut a small opening where the speaker is.

If you haven't already purchased the passenger headset I would suggest you look at ' - vinnietracy''s Store - eBay Motors' and check out his headsets. He sells them for 78.00ea. but allows you to make an offer and he accepted my bid of $70.00. I like them better than the H.D setup. I am able to use them with either my half shell helmet or skull cap. They are really nice headsets.
Thanks for that info. I went to his auction site and they looked pretty decent. I like the fact that they can be worn on a half helmet. And the price compared to HD's is likely to make me try them out.

The wife and I use the AGV modular. The headsets mount perfectly without affecting the ability to open the flip-up. There is a perfectly placed opening where the ear goes for the pads to attach, and the helmet can be used in 3/4 or full configurations.

Now if I can just figure out how to create a wife-block feature that disables her ability to change stations or tracks while we're riding. :)

Sparx

Now if I can just figure out how to create a wife-block feature that disables her ability to change stations or tracks while we're riding. :)

Sparx

There's a curly black cable that runs from just behind you on the right hand side to her helmet. Pull the plug at the end of the cable and your problem is solved. You may find she will complain a little but if you just push the toggle that says "vol" on your left handlebar you won't find that too much bother.
:D

When I bought my helmets I selected specifically with integration with the HD intercom system in mind.

I tried numerous helmets and the best, in my opinion, is the Shark Evoline if you like a modular helmet.

The mic sits nicely at the front of the helmet with getting crushed or forced in to your mouth.

Trimmed out some of the foam and the speakers fit perfctly. Only thing that sucked was the fact that HD do not put small connectors close to the speakers, so for a neat run I had to cut the wires, feed through the helmet lining and then resolder, but all in all very happy with the result

Back