free website stats program intercom helmets | Harley Davidson Forums

intercom helmets

sas72032

I recently bought a 2009 Electraglide Ultra Classic. I am wanting any information on which helmet, or brands of helmets, people have bought that works well with the Harley Intercom set up. I am waiting to buy a helmet but want the "right" helmet to use for this purpose. Any input would be appreciated.

I have been looking at many of them but the only thing I can find here is black. Because of the heat we have been wearing HD white 1/2 helmets but were told the intercom system does not work well on the half helmets. I have not been able to find any light colored made by Harley here.

I have a full face Fulmer helmet. It works very well with the intercom. What's nice about this helmet is that you can open it from the bottom to expose your face. That can be useful to put your sun glasses on, scratch your nose, whatever. It is very convenient. When my wife and I talk via the intercom it works real good. It's like she's right inside my helmet talking. Not so sure that is such a good thing as wives can drive you nuts!!

To use the harley headsets, you're going to have to use either a 3/4 or full face helmet. I prefer the 3/4 myself and have a 3/4 Fulmer. The Fulmer is the easiest of all the helmets I've had over the years in which to install a headset. The helmet has leather pouches in the ear cut outs specifically made to just slip the earphones into. Whatever helmet you get, make sure there's enough of an ear pocket to accept the earphones without jamming them against your head. That just plain hurts!

if i wear a helmet at all it's because the guys i am riding with are using the CB so I will use my shorty helmet with a J&M headset and it works fine..

I have been looking at many of them but the only thing I can find here is black. Because of the heat we have been wearing HD white 1/2 helmets but were told the intercom system does not work well on the half helmets. I have not been able to find any light colored made by Harley here.

I use the 1/2 helmet and it works fine on mine!:D

I bought Vega helmet at HD works great and has a place to put the earphone inside a pouch so you do not have to use any velcro. Great helmet cost was about 70.00

If you haven't already purchased the passenger headset I would suggest you look at ' - vinnietracy''s Store - eBay Motors' and check out his headsets. He sells them for 78.00ea. but allows you to make an offer and he accepted my bid of $70.00. I like them better than the H.D setup. I am able to use them with either my half shell helmet or skull cap. They are really nice headsets.

Back