free website stats program Interchangable? | Harley Davidson Forums

Interchangable?

sbeamer

So I am wondering, will the M-8 engine bolt into the twin cam ? I am pretty sure they didn't change the frame, but I don't remember reading anything about the trans case being different. Just wondering if ALL the mounts are different and if the trans is part of the whole package. Not looking for,"I think" responses, looking for "I KNOW" answers.

In 2009 the frame changed and so did the lower & top motor mounts. You didn't say what year frame you are trying to put a M-8 in. Earlier heads are not made for the new front engine mounts. Also in 2007 they went to a 6 sp. tranny not the previous 5 sp.
tourbox

I assume the OP is referring to a touring model swap? Well, I KNOW that it will not be a direct bolt in swap. I THINK that there will be modifications required and that there will be issues with the ECM and wiring harnesses may have to be swapped. Of course, with enough time and money, anything is possible.

Not sure why anyone would want to go to the time, trouble and expense to transplant the M8 motor in a TC frame considering all the issues with the M8 motors. The MoCo has not solved the trans fluid migration or the wet summing issues.:eek: Maybe 2019 M8s will have those issue resolved??:rolleyes:

Back