free website stats program intake leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

intake leak

when I sprayed that area there was an immedate effect on the engine idle, have you ever heard of the injectors having sealing issues?

If you sprayed the area and got an immediate change, you have a problem that needs to be looked at. It wouldn't matter to me if it was a common problem or an uncommon problem. It's a problem.

Is it affecting both cylinders or just one ? Are you using the little red tube that came with the carb cleaner ?

yes the red tube and yes if I aim it at the mudule and cylinder from the left side and spray abuot a five second burst rpm will go down and if I .continue the motor will die. Guess the air cleaner could be sucking in enough mist to kill the motor. effects the motor the same on both cylinders

Last edited:
yes the red tube and yes if I aim it at the mudule and cylinder from the left side and spray abuot a five second burst rpm will go down and if I .continue the motor will die. Guess the air cleaner could be sucking in enough mist to kill the motor. effects the motor the same on both cylinders

JUST a THOUGHT.....

How hard would it be to make a diverter out of cardboard that would Keep the fumes from getting SUCKED into the air cleaner???

I think I could do it and then You could see IF IT IS the manifold area or not... The cardboard would just keep the fumes away...
The 5 seconds you talk about seemed a LONG time to have to spray.. The Spray should affect the intake of motor in about 2 second or so.. NOT 5.

Now THIS is ME way over here and YOU are WAY over there... Don't know what else to say or do..

good Luck:newsmile07:

signed....BUBBIE

Back