free website stats program Insurance | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

I have Eirie on our cars, they wanted a fortune for the bikes and boat. I was told by a salesperson at H.D.,but don't know if it is true that some companies don't even hold the policy for the bikes and boats, they go thru a company like progressive and charge you the difference which is a much higher often double the rate. Kinda like sub leasing your policy. But you wouldn't know that by reading your policy and proof of insurance card.

I’m the OP and I ended up calling at least 4 or 5 different insurers. Geico, Nationwide, Progressive, and one or two others. Most of them were at least 1k to 1500 annually, except Progressive which was 317 annually. I was given the lowest liability limits on everyone, but progressive. Progressive offered me 300k coverage’s, no personal injury/protection since I don’t work and I have health insurance already and uninsured motorists for twice what the bike is worth. I was originally looking at an '05 Road King and they quoted me 350, but I ended up buying an '03 road king and the rate went down to 317 annually. I have better insurance on my bike then I do on my Audi oddly enough and the rates were over 3x lower than any other offer. I don’t know how Progressive is doing it, but I highly suggest anyone not with them now, at least give them a call and see what they can do for you. I forgot to mention that for a fairly nominal fee I also added the roadside assistance which they claim will come get me anywhere for just about anything while riding the bike. I kind of like that idea since I live in Texas and there is a real possibility of heat stroke out here. I would hate to have to sit for hours by the road waiting for assistance. I have talked to a few local riders and some of them insure their bikes with Progressive only, but for various reasons nothing else. So perhaps one idea for our readers is to insure the bike with Progressive and nothing else, even though

I was so impressed with the rate I got from Progressive that I intend to get quotes for my auto's as well.

That's an awfully big difference in premiums. You may want to look closely at exactly what their policy covers, as you typically don't see that much difference in rates between major companies.. I would be interested to hear how your rates may change over the next year or so.

Back