free website stats program Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

I changed from Progressive to Geico this year and saved $300.00 a year on the bike. I pay $280.00 for full coverage with some pretty high coverage and low deductibles.

When reading these quotes,, I wonder how many include "uninsured motorists". Here in Louisiana I am paying about $500 full coverage, but if I add uninsured motorists, the price doubles.

In Michigan insuance is high for cars or motorcycles Geico will not even offer motorcycle insuance in Michigan .

Pro, make sure that when you are comparing the premiums they are for the same coverages and limits. Higher premiums may indicate broader coverage. Some policies may not cover some losses that others cover.

Given the dealer you mentioned in another post, I'm guessing you may live in Texas. Keep in mind that Texas has some of the highest premiums in the nation, especially if you live in a larger metro area like DFW or Houston areas.

Right. I live in Sugar Land, TX. now. Just moved here a couple of weeks ago from Missouri City, TX. In doing so, I changed all my insurance coverage to Safeco. My bike insurance is:

$669 for this:

CSL: $500K
Guest CSL: $500K
U/U Motorist; $500K
Comp. ded.: $472
Coll. ded.: $472

TQ

Last edited:
Dairyland last year, Geico beat their price this year with more coverage...last year Geico was higher...go figure.....no tickets, no changes in all the question they both ask....

I'm with Farmers right now and paying $596 a year for the new ride, but I'm shopping around. Safeco quoted $462, and I'm going to check out Progressive and Geico now based on some of your comments to see if I can do better yet.

Sparx

Dairyland last year, Geico beat their price this year with more coverage...last year Geico was higher...go figure.....no tickets, no changes in all the question they both ask....

I was with Dairyland for 4yrs with no claims...on our way back from Daytona my buddies bike fell over in the trailer and landed on my bike..Dairylands estimate was $850...the dealers estimate was $2800. Dairyland refused to recognize the dealer estimate..they said they would not pay for replacement parts and I had to take the bike to one of their shops 75 miles away...unbelievable...my buddies insurance ended up paying for my bike to be fixed and I dropped Dairyland..all is good...goes to show you have no idea how good you Insurance company is until you have to use them

Farm Bureau Ins. In my case, FB of Tennessee. Good rates, and you do not have to live on a farm to use them anymore.

Back