free website stats program Insurance | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

Where do you guys get insurance from? I currently have Nationwide with 2 cars, home and trailer. They wanted 1300 per year for the bike I am getting. I called Progressive and they wanted 350 per year. Holy Cow. Am I doing something wrong here or have I been with the wrong insurer for the past 15 years?

03 Road King Classic 37yr male no tickets or accidents

I insure 4 company trucks, 2 personal cars, home & buisness, all through one company (I would have to ask the wife which one). When it comes to my boat and my bike, it was a lot cheaper through Progressive than the company that covers me everywhere else - go figure.

2009 Road King, full coverage $400.00 / year with Progressive.

State Farm for the last 35yrs. 3 cars house and bike
05 rkc full coverage $425 a year. Shopped around and nobody beat them.
Credit score can also greatly effect rates

State Farm (been with them for 20+ yrs)....was about $250/yr, but i got a call last week and she said it is going down $50 ('02 FXD, full coverage, Nebraska)

fwiw

After several quotes I ended up with Progressive. I live in Virginia and pay $440 for the year for 09 Road King. One thing to consider though - your personal situation makes a big difference in the rates. I had a friend get a quote on a new Softtail and it was double what I pay becuase he was not married and does not own a house. Sounds discriminatory but Progressive will tell you that those factors significantly increase your rate.

I insure my cars, home, and have a liability policy with Liberty Mutual for the past 35 years. I have always used Rider Insurance of NJ for my bikes. Current cost for my '99 Ultra with increased limits on the liability and full collision coverage is about $375 a year. Shop around. Liberty Mutual, as an example, doesn't much care if they insure your motorcycle, so their rates, (if they will insure you) are astronomical.

Pro, make sure that when you are comparing the premiums they are for the same coverages and limits. Higher premiums may indicate broader coverage. Some policies may not cover some losses that others cover.

Given the dealer you mentioned in another post, I'm guessing you may live in Texas. Keep in mind that Texas has some of the highest premiums in the nation, especially if you live in a larger metro area like DFW or Houston areas.

Back