Installing Ultra Tour-Pak Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by sodor, May 4, 2010.

1. sodor

sodor Member

I have purchased the Ultra Tour-Pak Brake Light Chrome Accent Covers (HD P/N 59239-93) for my 2007 Ultra. It consists of 3 main components: 2 brake lamp covers and 1 center trim piece. I have installed the 2 brake lamp covers, but I have a problem with the center trim. The instructions say to carefully pry the existing aluminum center piece away from Tour-Pak with a small screwdriver. I have actually punched a hole in the aluminum trim plate and have tried to pry it off to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

may be glued on use a hair dryer or take out liner & check for bolts or nuts..

3. sodor

sodor Member

Thanks ultrat, the hair dryer did the trick!

4. xdanman

xdanman Member

Love to see pics. I might install one myself.

5. sprinkman

sprinkman Active Member

Yea me to show some pis's

6. DC2009EGUC

DC2009EGUC Member

I installed the same part on my 09 Ultra and the old center piece is glued. All I used was my hands and some help with my finger nails to carefully pry out the old center trim. Please be patient it and it will eventually pry out.

7. sodor

sodor Member

Here are a couple of pictures.

This one is a before picture (but it is my buddies 2009 bike since I didn't take a before shot):
    DSC_0105 copy.jpg

This one is an after shot (my 2007 bike):
    DSC_0104 copy.jpg

8. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I really like it! Dresses up the TourPak nicely... I ordered mine a few weeks ago and can't wait to install it. Thanks for the pics.