free website stats program Installing the new HD lowers (Fangs) on a softail | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing the new HD lowers (Fangs) on a softail

leeanders

I bought a set of the new HD lowers, some call them 'fangs' for my '13 Fatboy. The fatboy has the HD quick release windshield. When attempting to install the fangs, I noticed the top mounting hardware (for the windshield) is not the type that can be used for mounting the fangs,

Anyone out there with these things installed on a softail or fatboy, that can share with me what top mounting hardware to use?

I just looked in my HD catalog and couldn't find them in the softail section. In the touring section, it just says FLH. I have them on my bike and it seems like it would be evident if you have compatible bolt pattern.

Seen a couple posts elsewhere that suggest you may have to drill one or two new holes. I couldn't find anywhere, mention of the lowers fitting a quick release set up (clamp style) without some sort of adjustment.
I'd like to buy a set to fit a deuce with QR screen.

Seen a couple posts elsewhere that suggest you may have to drill one or two new holes. I couldn't find anywhere, mention of the lowers fitting a quick release set up (clamp style) without some sort of adjustment.
I'd like to buy a set to fit a deuce with QR screen.

Went back out yesterday and looked over the hardware matter again on the existing windshield. Decided I could try to add a couple of washers here and there, and if the bolts were long enough, maybe I could get those lowers installed.

They are now on. Haven't yet had a chance to go for a ride, but believe they will be reasonably effective in blocking the wind coming up from around the bottom of the gas tank.

Now, I know why another fellow referred to these things as 'fangs' - see the photo I'm attaching. Not the best looking design, I believe plastic would have looked more pleasing, but it's what HD decided would be the most appropriate - I guess

Attachments

• Fatboy 004.jpg
    Fatboy 004.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 37
Back