free website stats program Installing New Levers | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing New Levers

Hello all,
I am putting on some new clutch and brake levers on my 91 FXRS and I'm wondering if this is going to be as simple as it looks or if there is a trick or two I should know before hand.
Thanks in advance

Pretty straight forward. Just loosen the adjustments as much as possible. After that, its straight forward. If you got a manual for your bike, use it. If you dont, get one. Its worth it. Let us know how it goes.

Bodeen

Oh yeah, Welcome to THE forum!

Thanks for the welcome and the help Bodeen!

Glider thank you for the link! I will print it out and use it tomorrow, hopefully this goes smooth!

Shouldn't be a problem. Biggest thing is being careful with the brake light switch in the switch housing.

Welcome to the forum.

BTW...I have been looking for a manual for my FXR, seems to be hard to locate though.
If you happen to come across one in your travels through the net, shoot me an email!:D

watch out for the pesky little c clips as they can fly almost anywhere and usually hide in a place you are not looking so having a couple of spares at hand prior to starting means you will not lose the ones that are there sods law works that way :)

Brian

Welcome Captspaulding. Your front brake lever is a little different than the instructions in the aforementioned self help tip. You have a small pin coming off the master cylinder that must fit into the hole in the lever pin. If you miss, the lever will bind or snap the pin off the master cylinder, $$$. Just ops check it gently after you get the lever on. The pesky clips are 7/16" or 11mm, available at hardware stores everywhere. I prefer "E" clips to the "outside circlip" HD uses that require snap ring pliers.

Back