free website stats program Installing Mustang Solo seat on 2013 Fatboy? | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing Mustang Solo seat on 2013 Fatboy?

leeanders

The seat on my 2013 Fatboy comes with two connecting bolts at the rear - instead of the single bolt most normally seen.

I'd like to buy a Mustang Solo seat, but notice the model for my bike comes with the single connection at the rear.

I understand there is a conversion setup provided by Mustang that allows their seat to connect.

Has anyone with a Fatboy encountered this situation, and what has been your experience?

Thanks.

The solo seats that mustang has for the 13' Fatboy are the same as the seats for the 12' Heritage classic. I have a Mustang solo seat and the attachment is done by sliding the two rear holes that are attached to the seat onto the two bolts that are attached to the fender. The only single bolt is for the pillion.

I am sending you a photo of my seat. Note the two chrome bolts on the end of the seat and the single bolt for the pillion. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 22
The solo seats that mustang has for the 13' Fatboy are the same as the seats for the 12' Heritage classic. I have a Mustang solo seat and the attachment is done by sliding the two rear holes that are attached to the seat onto the two bolts that are attached to the fender. The only single bolt is for the pillion.

I am sending you a photo of my seat. Note the two chrome bolts on the end of the seat and the single bolt for the pillion. I hope this helps.

Nice looking seats.......I like that brown leather....at least it looks like leather. As usual, my seat purchase came with the single hole rear connection. I have it on - and am going to attempt to send you a photo.

I understand (now) that Mustang builds them both ways - never know which you will receive.

Attachments

• Misc photos 016.jpg
    Misc photos 016.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 18
  • Misc photos 015.jpg
    Misc photos 015.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 17
Back