free website stats program Installing Grips for Wife | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing Grips for Wife

doc_63

I got Paula a new set of HD grips for her 08 Fatboy. The left side seems pretty straight forward but what about the throttle side. The instructions say to refer to the service manual for removal of the switch housing. I have no service manual. What am I expected to find in there? Any tips on installing the grip on this side? I'm fairly mechanical but havent been inside this area before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Doc.....I have an 02 and could send the specifics but there is always the possibility of them being different. You could always try Gary...the one with the manuals on CD and see if he can just email you that particular page....

I will send you what I have and if you cant use it, no worries.....

I got Paula a new set of HD grips for her 08 Fatboy. The left side seems pretty straight forward but what about the throttle side. The instructions say to refer to the service manual for removal of the switch housing. I have no service manual. What am I expected to find in there? Any tips on installing the grip on this side? I'm fairly mechanical but havent been inside this area before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read this Doc, it should help.

Replacing Your Hand Grips - Harley Davidson Community

Done...thanks guys. I just didnt know what to expect inside there.

I appreciate all of the help.

Be sure to hang on to those brass ferrels, they bounce real well and you never find them again.

Also the part about the lube under the grip.

Back