free website stats program installing fog lamps | Harley Davidson Forums

installing fog lamps

Wanting to install a set of fog lamps HD part # 68913-98 on my 04 RoadKing police, (The lights mount to the front crash bar) using the existing siren switch on the left handle bar. I have identified all the wires in the siren amp wire bundle and there is still power to the switch and the plug in for the siren so all my wires are already ran for me. My question is do I NEED to use the power relay that comes in the fog lamp kit ? or is that strictly for wiring the lights so when the high beams come on the fog lamps go out. I am not splicing into the low beam hot wire, this instalation is totally seperate from any and all existing lights. Thanks for the input. Tim

The relay allows you to run smaller control leads than without it when running a higher draw load.

Have you checked the fuse panel to see if the fuse for that circuit is installed and good?

Glider yes I have, I have power to the switch and power from the switch when on. to what would have been part of the siren circuit, I also have good continuity in the wire that would have plugged into the siren at the neck of the bike, my plan is to buy the other half of the deutch connector and plug into that. So with what you have said it would be recommended that I use the power relay ? Tim

Back