free website stats program Installing a TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

Installing a TFI

pnt4e

I should be getting my TFI today:D. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings? Put V&H Big Radius 2:2 on last night. Going to put SE A/C and TFI on tonight.
Sorry not trying steal this thread I was looking for an active one about TFI.

Thanks

Re: TFI for my 08 Electra Glide Classic

I should be getting my TFI today:D. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings? Put V&H Big Radius 2:2 on last night. Going to put SE A/C and TFI on tonight.

Thanks

The settings that come with the unit are pretty close. You can back off on the #2 pot a bit for better fuel mileage.

TFI Suggested Settings - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

With slip-ons, Stage 1 aircleaner and Stage 1 download:

Pot 1- Bring RPMs up to and hold on 2000 while turning screw clockwise from the one clock position until it attains the highest RPMs and runs smoothly. You will probably be at the 2:30 (like reading your watch) position or close to it.
Pot 2-3:30 position
Pot 3-3:30 position
Pot 4-4:00 position

If you are running a stock bike:
Pot 1-2:30 position
Pot 2-3:00 position
Pot 3-2:30 position
Pot 4-4:00 position

Installed the TFI last night with the SE A/C. All I can say is WOW!!! It maded a big differience in the throttle responce and now my bike has some git up and go to it. It was very easy to install.
I do have a little popping on decel. but I did find a small exhaust leak. Im going to fix that and see if the popping stops.

Glider and Texaswis thank you both very much!!!

Back