free website stats program Installed the Power Comander | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed the Power Comander

trickydoc

got the PC installed and man what a difference. all the slow speed problems have gone, no more cough and choke when ridding around hunting a parking spot. low end torque is much better also. havn't changed pipes yet, still scratching my head. leaning toward the thunderheader. next step is to install better breathing, stage one air cleaner.
made one interesting discovery, when the instructions say "loosen the nuts and pull the ecm away from the side of the frame" don't take the ecm all the way off like I did. man is that thing hard to get back on. well live and learn I guess.
Again thanks to all for all your help.

That is Great to hear along with your feedback for the next guy.

I am really surprised at how much better the bike runs since it is pre-o2 sensors running open loop look up tables only. Think what it is like to be on this side of the closed loop world.

I hear about Power Commanders and such. Is tha a brand name?Seems like I hear about several different types. I'm thinking about something like this for my bike. How much do they run and how do you tune them to your setup? I had a SERT on my old bike, but that was all dyno tuned by the pro's. I don't want to go that route this time.

I hear about Power Commanders and such. Is tha a brand name?Seems like I hear about several different types. I'm thinking about something like this for my bike. How much do they run and how do you tune them to your setup? I had a SERT on my old bike, but that was all dyno tuned by the pro's. I don't want to go that route this time.

This should help:

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

What did you do for a map?

There were a bunch on the cd that came with the PC. I also downloaded some from the net. As to picking one for the bike, when you pick one it tells you what it is for, like stage one with vance & hines slash cut slipons. I just picked one close to what I have and started their. Had to try 3 before I found one that worked as I wanted.

this is my first. Power Commander is the brand. My bike uses a PCIII later models use PCV. Mine was just a fuz over 200. After installing the soft ware on your laptop just hook it to the PC with USB cable. Then find a map that matches what you are runniing and install it. A dyno guy could do a great job with one but you can get so close only a dyno guy ccould do better.

Back