free website stats program Installed Sundowner seat on Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed Sundowner seat on Wide Glide

Spade5

I wasn't unhappy with the stock seat but decided to give the Sundowner a try. I haven't put that many miles on it yet but I am happy with the install.

I cannot tell if it puts me slightly more forward. It might but I think it is really the tiny bit of back support it adds over the stock seat. I believe I was sort of pushing myself up onto the passenger part on the stock seat and the Sundowner has more rise to the passenger part so you cannot really move back at least not easily.

I also like the smooth texture and the fact that the seat doesn't rock side to side. My stock seat seemed to move some on the front mount but this one is rock solid.

The seat is bigger but to me looks fine on the bike. I haven't done any two up yet but I'm sure the passenger comfort will be much improved.

Hi Spade,
I added the Sundowner and Pillion to my '02 and it was a major improvement for my wife. However, the stock backrest is too narrow and leans back too far and she didn't feel secure with it. I got the wide bucket HD backrest pad (same actuall sissy bar) which is more upright and much wider. She's a pretty happy camper now.

If I had my time back, I'd have just gone for the HD seat with the rider backrest built in though.

I like my sundowner too, but I'd say it moved me back the tiniest bit. I find the back support is better with the Sundowner too.

I also purchased and installed a Sundowner seat for my '07 Wide Glide this year, and I absolutely love it! My wife is so much more comfortable riding, and I find the seat does indeed have better lower back support. Should have done it long ago!:newsmile01:

Back