free website stats program Installed detachable tour pak kit today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Installed detachable tour pak kit today

Ironmark, I have the QD tour pack also. My experience with the shorty antenna is that it does not have the range of the long wire whip. And yes, I have significant issues with the docking point bushings and vibration. I've been experimenting with finding the right thickness of a rubber or plastic tubing to augment the bushing and tighten things up.

Ironmark, I have the QD tour pack also. My experience with the shorty antenna is that it does not have the range of the long wire whip. And yes, I have significant issues with the docking point bushings and vibration. I've been experimenting with finding the right thickness of a rubber or plastic tubing to augment the bushing and tighten things up.

I agree with the diminished range of the shorty antenna. I often put the long whip on for trips.
My QD assembly had some rattle and vibration, was also hard to latch one side and the other was real easy. I stood the bike straight up, and loosened everything on the docking hardware, then wiggled the whole assembly a little as I gradually tightened each bolt a small amount. Now it's pretty tight and quiet.

Back