free website stats program install heated grips on 2007 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

install heated grips on 2007 ultra

looz98

i'm gettin ready to install heated grips on my bike ....i have service manual ,directions that come with grips ....has anyone done this on their ultra? any tips or pointers....it doesn't seem to hard, just time and patience...the directions that come with the grips seem to make sense until i get to the fuse box ...as there is no wire in the section where they say it should be when installing to fuse box..if you have done this you know what i mean... also my fuse location says 20 amp abs not p&a ign like illustration....help.thanks for any info

i'm gettin ready to install heated grips on my bike ....i have service manual ,directions that come with grips ....has anyone done this on their ultra? any tips or pointers....it doesn't seem to hard, just time and patience...the directions that come with the grips seem to make sense until i get to the fuse box ...as there is no wire in the section where they say it should be when installing to fuse box..if you have done this you know what i mean... also my fuse location says 20 amp abs not p&a ign like illustration....help.thanks for any info
i found what i was looking for ...it is in a fuse box on the right side ....now i just got get doing it thanks to all i'll let u know how it goes

I had mine installed on my '07 Road Glide by the dealer. The tech installed them incorrectly (although he said he followed the HD installation instructions and he is a master tech) as they were wired hot. My son brought the bike home for me from the dealer, put it in the garage and locked the bike. I go out to the garage a few days later and the bike is dead - grips sure are hot though! I took it back to the dealer for a correct installation and they are now wired to the accessory switch. Just a fyi....

You will love the heated grips too!

Back