free website stats program Instability in rubber mounted FL models | Harley Davidson Forums

Instability in rubber mounted FL models

hoghead56

Does anyone have any experience with rivera primos stabilizing system called The Stiffey?They are alot cheaper than other stabilizing systems and wonder whether they perform as claimed.

Went to their web site and could not find that product on their virtual catalog. Would have been nice to see what you were talking about.

Went to their web site and could not find that product on their virtual catalog. Would have been nice to see what you were talking about.

Hoople ---- go to jpcycles.com and put in J&P part # 700-188 and it will show the $107+ bushing.

Thanks for the replys just looking to save a little money over true trac or the progressive link stabilizer,still not sure if any of them is worth the money.

Thanks for the replys just looking to save a little money over true trac or the progressive link stabilizer,still not sure if any of them is worth the money.

I have the Progressive link on my 03 FLHT and it works great. My bike now hugs curves and feels glued to the road. I would say its worth it.:57:

Hoople ---- go to jpcycles.com and put in J&P part # 700-188 and it will show the $107+ bushing.

Thanks. I would not expect too much from those used alone. Now maybe in conjunction with a link kit you would have something.

I have the Progressive link on my 03 FLHT and it works great. My bike now hugs curves and feels glued to the road. I would say its worth it.:57:

I agree. Mind you I am on a Dyna frame which is all rubber mounted but I would not ride without my 3 link system ever again.

Maybe i wll check out the progressive.The first time i seen one of these links on a bike was sturgis in 05,the guy who had it was camping next to us and said it was a true trac and they had just starting making them.He had rode from california and said it made a big difference.After aligning rear wheel within the swingarm and then with the front according to manual and switching tire brands twice i still am looking for a little more stability through the curves.The bike is not uncontrollable but i am always looking for improvements.

Just installed the progressive link today,put it to the test on the s curves to and from work,best money I have spent since installing big bore kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back