free website stats program Inspection questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection questions

I got free inspection at the dealer that I bought mine from. They have a check list of what they did to it and also a list of recommendation of what it needs to be done. I only go to them for a free inspection, I do my own work if I can, not because I wanna save some bucks, just because I wanna know my bike better.

Here in NC a lot of the Car inspection places (Mr Inspector) now do bikes, since it's all electronic. Just had mine done, got home and I renewed registration online. As far as what they do... they follow their check list, but they left me on the bike to work the signals,horn ect... I like that, & besides I'm all over that bike, checking tire pressure, bolts, brake wear, spokes, ect. myself, because my sweety rides with me alot & I feel more comfortable knowing I've checked these things myself, not to mention I Love doing that kind of thing. To me that's part of the enjoyment of bike ownership... Sorry if I ramble sometimes.

Free state inspection here in NJ. You get 4 years (no inspection) when new. State inspection after that is every 2 years. I think they only check the same things they would check on any other M V.

we have a dealer here just outside kansas city that dose free inspections for the month of march. they make a party out of it with drawings and door prizes. last year they gave a pair of coffee mugs away with each inspection!

I'd check with your state Department of Motor Vehicles or Public Safety, as here in the Fort Worth Texas area it's a flat fee ($14.50 for a motorcycle, $40 for a car) per year, regardless where you take it.....:D

Back