free website stats program Inspection plate location suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection plate location suggestions

Jdsmitty10

I have my inspectio sticker plate attached to where the upper and lower belt guards get bolted together. I am looking for a new spot since I got my new wheels, it blocks too much of the wheel. Any suggestions? One place I was thinking is putting a bolt in the back side of the left passenger peg so it would be hidden but still plenty visible. Any other good places?

tn817s3.jpg

Another option would be to get a bracket that is has a 90 degree bend in it and attach it to the back of the license plate frame on the kick stand side.

In VA they want the sticker on left front fork tube. (Not going to happen) so mounted it where engine guard meets frame down low by left foot board. (Just in front of where
glider has his).

On a previous bike (FXR) it has a brace that runs between the down tubes on the frame and it has a hole in the center of it. I used a piece of plexi with a flat head bolt countersunk so it was flush with the surface of the plexi. Once a sticker is on it, It looks like a permanent part of the frame.

Mine used to be on the left hand side using the lower belt guard bolt directly below the one you are using until I installed the V&H True Duals, it then had to be moved as it was in the way of the exhaust. It now is on the Rt. hand side as shown in the pic and is almost hidden unless viewed from low on the right hand side.

Attachments

• Rt Side Sticker II.jpg
    Rt Side Sticker II.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 23
In VA they want the sticker on left front fork tube. (Not going to happen) so mounted it where engine guard meets frame down low by left foot board. (Just in front of where
glider has his).

My dealer attaches a plate there when new in VA. I have heard that it needs to be on a permanent part of the bike because you can remove the plate and use on another bike. I haven't heard of anyone getting ticketed, just wanted to make you aware.

I did have mine on a chrome plate attached on the left side under the passenger peg. Texas changed the law last year, and the inspection tag now has to face the rear of the bike. Because of that, I've now moved the plate to one of the bolts that holds the saddlebag support. It hangs down below the left saddlebag, between the exhaust and tire.

I did have mine on a chrome plate attached on the left side under the passenger peg. Texas changed the law last year, and the inspection tag now has to face the rear of the bike. Because of that, I've now moved the plate to one of the bolts that holds the saddlebag support. It hangs down below the left saddlebag, between the exhaust and tire.

Did not know this! Where did you read this info?:small3d031:

Did not know this! Where did you read this info?:small3d031:

RKing, the tech that did my inspection last year originally told me. The dealer originally put the inspection plate on the lower left side, but they are now placing all of their inspection stickers on the rear of the bike as well.

Back