free website stats program Inspection cover fastners | Harley Davidson Forums

Inspection cover fastners

Barnicle

I found out the hard way I suppose that the torqes headed screws that hold on the clutch inspection cover are easily stripped if not extremely careful. Is this something that happens often to any of you. I think I am going to replace them with hex headed screws to make things easier. This all happened during an oil change. I also used the primary chain inspection cover access for the 32 oz of transmision oil so I would not bugger up the rest of the screws since I had already drained the oil. Any simular experience please chime in.

I found out the hard way I suppose that the torqes headed screws that hold on the clutch inspection cover are easily stripped if not extremely careful. Is this something that happens often to any of you. I think I am going to replace them with hex headed screws to make things easier. This all happened during an oil change. I also used the primary chain inspection cover access for the 32 oz of transmision oil so I would not bugger up the rest of the screws since I had already drained the oil. Any simular experience please chime in.

This should help you out with those bolts.

Removing Stripped Bolts From Derby Cover - Harley Davidson Community

Back