free website stats program Inside saddle bag accesories | Harley Davidson Forums

Inside saddle bag accesories

dogdad

Someone at my local HD dealership came up to me and gave me two sets of storage containers that fit inside the top of the cover. They have 3 compartments each and attach by way of 3m VHB self adhesive tape. If I'm not mistaken, the adhesive does not work to well after a while in the heat. The part # on them is HD P/N 54005-04. Any one use or have experience with these??

I have seen the clipon water bottle and storage pocket that is leather, that can be put on the leather bags with lids...also could be had with studs and concho I think for the "Heritage" look. I think it was Leatherworks or such...been looking to add one to my bags. I would think inside ballistic nylon organizers could be fitted also...just have not found any I like, as I use soft nylon zip up liners that collapse...so when touring I can empty my bags quickly, when I get to my destination and at $25 or so for pair...they are functional and keep the contents dry. Plenty of add ons to choose from...

tn403s3.jpg
tn404s3.jpg
tn401s3.jpg
tn402s3.jpg

Last edited:
Someone at my local HD dealership came up to me and gave me two sets of storage containers that fit inside the top of the cover. They have 3 compartments each and attach by way of 3m VHB self adhesive tape. If I'm not mistaken, the adhesive does not work to well after a while in the heat. The part # on them is HD P/N 54005-04. Any one use or have experience with these??

How about velcro?:D

You are correct.

Actually, you can stitch Velcro so it does not rely on adhesive that turns gummy after awhile in the heat. But I like bags for capacity...the organizers could just as easily be removable trays like what is seen in tool boxes...but then again, when capacity is everything, why would you want it compartmentalized...it means just less storage space.

I have the tour pack organizer that is taped into the lid. It has been in there about 6 years and has not come loose yet!

I have the lid organizers in the lids of my bags and I like them. Keeps the items you don't need daily put up in a place where you always know where they can be found, even if you clean out the bags and haven't put stuff back in yet.

And yes, the tape does eventually come loose, hasn't bothered me, the organizers sit under the strap so when I open the bag I just push them back down in place. I probably keep twice as much stuff in the compartments than HD planned for anyway.

Back