free website stats program Inner Primary | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Primary

Just did my 03 RK. First thing is get the HD manual for your bike. Best money you'll spend. As far as tools goes. 1-1/2" socket for compensator nut, 1-3/16" for the clutch nut, breaker bar, maybe an impact wrench, torque wrenches in in.lb. and ft.lb., and gasket seals etc. take your time read the manual closely. Its really not that big a deal if you have some mechanical ability.
One caution. Be careful with that jackshaft screw! It breaks, sometimes at less than the spec. torque. Ask me how I know.................

Good luck,

Bodeen

Buy a manual, best $60 you'll spend on your bike, then take pictures as you go, then come back and ask questions when you get confused. What are you wanting to do anyway?

The bolts on my inner primary were special. The bolts had "o" rings built into them. The manual does say to use the bolts only once and and do not re-use. I did not replace the bolts but I did use Indian shellac around the "O" rings before re-installing. Look closely at the "o" rings for a damaged rubber ring.

Gotta ask Why are you taking it apart???

When there, Check the Drive belt for wear and Miles on it.... Now would be a good time for a new belt if the tear down was for another reason.. Just my thought.

signed....BUBBIE...

Back