free website stats program Inner/outer fairing swap | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner/outer fairing swap

WOW Fatboy; You are a lot more tenacious than I expected!! Both with the fairing swap and your new "challenge". I much admire your grit, determination and progress (on both fronts). I can't answer your temp. gauge question, I will look up Equus and see what type of sending unit it has, and get back to you. Don't hold your breath, I get distracted and forget things.

Look online for a sending unit that takes the place of your oil drain plug. This would probable be the easiest solution.

Earlier I wasn't sure if your bike had the side mount or under trans oil pan. I have an aftermarket oil temp gauge in my '07 Electra. The sending unit was the same thread as the horizontal plug in my oil pan. Maybe you'll be as lucky. If not, adapters are available.

When you're talking temp. gauge, what are you asking? The new,'06, Inner/Outer fairing has an ambient(outside temp) temp. gauge, not an engine temp gauge. If you're looking for engine temp. then what was stated by Breeze3at and CHZWIZ has you covered. Your model does have the belly pan for oil as did the '06. That changed from side oil tank in '93
tourbox

Back