free website stats program Inner fairing painted using Krylon Fusion | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner fairing painted using Krylon Fusion

horizonchaser

Contributor
I just had to post this. A friend of mine, whose inner fairing was becoming rather ratty decided to paint them this past Saturday. So he went and bought a can of Krylon Fusion and after meticulously taking the whole fairing apart, proceeded to paint the inner black. I ride with Mike quite often and I know how badly it was fading. So when he told me what he had done while we were at work today, I had to go check it out for myself in the parking lot. I was impressed! So much so that I took a couple of pictures to show everyone here on our forum. Hope you all agree. I had heard that it costs upwards of $800.00 to paint the inner fairing so for the price of a couple of cans of paint and a Saturday morning, he saved himself some serious dinaro's! :s

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 132
I just use "Pig Spit" and it gets rid of that faded look.
Brings it back to new.

A few minutes of work and it's done!

I just use "Pig Spit" and it gets rid of that faded look.
Brings it back to new.

A few minutes of work and it's done!

Really? I'd like to try that. I use this Black Magic clear liquid that I get from Wal-Mart. It has UV protectant in it and I think that is why I mainly use it because I can see where mine is beginning to fade in the "shoulder" areas of the inner fairing. But in no time flat the fresh look luster is gone and it's dull again. The Pig Snot's shine endures? Just wondering.

Pig Spit is great stuff.
Easy to use.Just spray it on, don't need to wipe off unless you use too much. Hard to use too much.

You can use it on the bike engine cylinders. Just make sure the engine is cool.

Runs about $11-13 dollars a can at bike stores but lasts a long time.

Looks good man, we love pictures.. might have to try some pig spew, down by my toggle switches is getting faded.

Caution. I'm not sure that HogSpit is intended for non-powder coat finishes. Try it on a non-visible area first, to make sure.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Looks good I did the same thing to mine about 18 months ago. After I painted it I also put a coat of clear coat on it... A total cost of $45... then after that I put 3 coats of poly on the inside of the side bags,(was getting that gray chaucky film on everything that was inside, The poly took care of that, and has held up very well.

Back