free website stats program Inner Fairing Issue.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Fairing Issue....

BuddyK

Changing the bars on my '04 EG yesterday and found one of the inner fairing mounting brackets was broke at the top. This seems to be a common issue with these stamped steel brackets.

I have read some about a new nylon or poly bracket made by Alloy Art called the Strongarm bracket as a better replacement for the Harley part. Before I drop any money on these brackets, I was wanting to see if anyone here had installed these and how they hold up??

Any other ideas to replace these would also be appreciated as well.

Thanks

After having mine replaced twice under warranty the third time one broke I just took it into my shop and welded it adding a small stiffener, that was 3yrs. ago and not a problem since.

I had one that was broke on the left on my '07, and lucky for me I've got a welder, and I just welded it. No problems since either. Seemed stronger after welding it. I didn't even go crazy with it either.

I have seen them and they look super strong but I don't know anyone that has used them. There are several repair kits on the market. I used a piece of 90 degree shelf bracket to make my own. Also check bracket under radio. Here's a link with ideas to buy or make your own.
harley fairing bracket repair | eBay

On my 2008 EG first bracket broke 2 year and 6 months. Of course the second one broke 900 miles later. Dealer installed updated part number for brackets which are a better design and 3 1/2 years later no problems.....

Back