free website stats program Inner fairing fade is fixed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner fairing fade is fixed

A car detailer guy turned me on to a product called "Forever Black". A dye they use to restore sun faded trim, bumpers, etc. I've used it and like it a lot. I use it about once a year on all the black plastic surfaces.

I've also heard of, but never tried, first using peanut oil to clean and then applying Forever Black or Back to Black to restore.

My 97 FLHT got so faded from the Florida sun I traded it in

smitty, you just love showing off that sweet RG...;)

Really like what you've done to the scoot & painting my inner fairing is on the winter mod list.

When I asked the parts guys at my local dealer what they had to restore my inner fairing, they acted like I'm the only one who ever asked. :small3d012:

Another way to stop it for good
interfairing.jpg

I agree, Top, but I can't afford to paint mine. If I buy enough boot polish I can give it a spit shine though, like I did my boots in the Marine Corps....hehe.

Ha Ha Ha...Warranty cover it...I guess we are all guilty of wishful thinking.

I bought $5000.00 of accessories for my bike (that was on order in October but due in April) ...and when the cover leaked in the first week of april Harley told me all my store orderd parts were out of warranty...even though I hadn't even taken possession.

Anything bought in the store has a warranty of 30 days. They didn`t mention that while selling me the parts tho.

Sounds like a bad dealer for sure to do that. I would just return the parts and let them know you are re ordering them , possibly at another dealer.:D

They shouldn't be out of warranty till they are installed being you didn't have the bike in your possession yet.

Find another dealer.

At Wal Mart there is a product in a red bottle made by Mothers and it is "Back to Black" and it does wonders for turning faded area black again. it is a white liquid.

Back