free website stats program Inner Fairing & Electrical Short | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Fairing & Electrical Short

Blackhawk

I took apart my electronics to paint my inner fairing but when I put all the electrical connectors and the ignition switch assembly together (as I marked to pair them), at the ignition position of the switch , my radio steadily buzzed, my voltage meter was slow to get to 8 volts and no response from the "start" button. Persistent in trying different things, now only the radio and the speedo lights up, no voltage reading, and still no response from the "start" button other than clicking noise from the Ignition Switch Relay. The battery checked-out fine. Anyone has any thoughts on this dilema?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

Year and model of bike. Letters that make up model helps cross to schematic. Are you working with/without a manual.

Anyone has any thoughts on this dilema?

Thanks.

My thoughts are that we could "guess" all day but without any information on what model and year bike it is they wouldn't help much.:D

Why not add the model and year to your avatar area?

My thoughts are that we could "guess" all day but without any information on what model and year bike it is they wouldn't help much.:D

Why not add the model and year to your avatar area?
Sorry guys. Frustration blinded me. This is on my 2000 FLHTCI. Working with a Service Manual, I reluctantly just started tracing for a short or voltage drop. I've determined that I've got 14V continuity from the Battery through the Main Power Connector. What frustrates me is that everything was in working order before I took all the gauges and radio apart to paint the inner fairing. I marked all the connectors to make certain there were no mistakes in reconnecting them together.

Back