free website stats program inner cam bearing TC | Harley Davidson Forums

inner cam bearing TC

HOLY DIVER

been looking through self help sec and i've seen 2 bearing # for the Twin cam inner cam bearing b148 and b168. my bike is a 06 RK witch bearing # is right for mine,also does is matter if it has timken wrote on the bearing box and not torrington?

99 - 06 takes the b148. 06 Dyna and 07 and up TC takr the b168. Your bike takes the b148.
kemo

been looking through self help sec and i've seen 2 bearing # for the Twin cam inner cam bearing b148 and b168. my bike is a 06 RK witch bearing # is right for mine,also does is matter if it has timken wrote on the bearing box and not torrington?

Kemo has you covered above. But just make sure if you are getting the tools to extract and install the new Torrington bearings that you get the right size. I got the George's Garage ones through Herko when I bought my Roller-chain Conversion Kit. See here for p/n 320540 and 320550:

99-06 T/Cam Engine

TQ

Kemo has you covered above. But just make sure if you are getting the tools to extract and install the new Torrington bearings that you get the right size. I got the George's Garage ones through Herko when I bought my Roller-chain Conversion Kit. See here for p/n 320540 and 320550:

99-06 T/Cam Engine

TQ

i have a friend that has all the JIMS tools to do my whole SE hydraulic upgrade he is a independent HD mechanic i'm going to do the job he is gonna over see it and make sure i do everything right lol thanks TQ

I recommend that you contact Herko for your complete parts kit. He has put together a kit that is so complete that you don't have to get anything else from anywhere. It will include shims and bolts and gasket and O rings ,loctite and cams and support plate ,lifters ,oil pump everything is included.
kemo

As Kemo and TQ have stated B148 is the right part number. As for the labeling on the box, depending on how old the stock is it could have Torrington, Timken, or Koyo on the box. Timken acquired Torrington and then Koyo acquired Timken. The are all the same bearings and I believe they are even made at the same plant.
Here is a press release on Koyo's acquisition.
Koyo Bearings USA LLC Formed Following JTEKT Acquisition of Timken Division -- CANTON, Ohio, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire/ --

Randall

thanks guys but i'm gonna go with the SE kit because i realy don't feel the need for any more power so i can't talk myself into spending $275 for cams my tc88 runs very strong infact my dads RK has a big sucker heavy breather/vance n hines slip on's mine only has bub slip on's and for some reason my engine feels allot stronger...go figure both tc88's? but i don't ride real hard anyway i just love riding 55mph thats the perfect speed to realy enjoy a ride for me

ok i called about the HERKO kit.......hez sending an invoice going with andrews 21 cams adjustable push rods $1000 for the whole kit.....lol i said shoot what will a little more torque hurt?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to love it. Most likely you are going to end up doing your dads. John is a great guy to deal with and will treat you right.
kemo

Back