free website stats program Infraction | Harley Davidson Forums

Infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

STARY

Account Removed
Just received an infraction for using the letters b and s someone tell me this is a joke please

Just received an infraction for using the letters b and s someone tell me this is a joke please

Although I understand your frustration with what seems such an innocuous and commonplace colloquial expression, it is a slippery slope treading in this "gray" area. What is "just the way people talk" to you may offend someone else. So the moderators here go over-board to screen out those slang words or expressions that may be offensive to some and may lead to more intense or graphic phrases in the community. Please consider this side in your decision-making going forward.

There will be no more discussion on this point.

TQ

STARY
When I was fairly NEW to HDT.... I also received a WARNING about language...
I don't remember what WORD or SYMBOL it was NOR did i even get the answer YOU were lucky to get an answer and HOPE you take it WITH the care it was given...

I too wondered about just a LITTLE LANGUAGE I used...

I used a word in a whole OKAY way but it STILL was deemed BAD...

Take for instance another HD site I would go to to read and it was FILLED with the BAD STUFF ever other word was describing and NOT NEEDED and I AM really glad to HAVE this site...

When I talk HD, I don't NEED the BAD LANGUAGE to express my feeling or about the problems with a bike i have...SOME TIMES it is TOUGH NOT to express it the SIMPLE WORDED WAY

ALOT the members here LIKE the fact that if OVER THEIR SHOULDER a son or daughter, WIFE is reading,,, there will never be a GUILT TRIP of wonder if they read the FILTH that DOES appear on other sites .....

A little TOO CLEAN? NO SUCH THING as compared to the OTHER sites....

Hopefully you LIKE ME can adjust to the CLEAN LANGUAGE required to ENJOY THE BEST SITE ON HD's!!! BAR NONE..

signed....BUBBIE

a member just like you..

No Joke at all. We do not allow ANY language on the forum because small infractions lead to larger ones, then the member gets removed from the members list permanently.

Usually there is also a vacation from the forum associated with the use of language to reinforce that it is NOT a joke.

ALOT the members here LIKE the fact that if OVER THEIR SHOULDER a son or daughter, WIFE is reading,,, there will never be a GUILT TRIP of wonder if they read the FILTH that DOES appear on other sites .....

I appreciate the clarification in this thread, and I also appreciate the environment "free from distraction" that such policies establish...

However, I did encounter a rather interesting situation the other evening when my wife was (as eloquently phrased by Bubbie) "watching over my shoulder." She quickly noticed a nearly nude female photo being displaying in the top photo banner (I assume to be no more than random solicitations from the member posted photo albums). Is the material submitted to these albums also reviewed with the same attention (that is to avoid offending someone)? There are some pretty "racy" photos in some of those albums.

Just curious, and thought I would post it since the moderators are kindly clarifying the policies.

For the record... I'm an "equal opportunity offender," so no harm, no foul :smell

Thanks guys!

Stary; After you have been here a little longer, you will understand the zero tolerance. We sometimes have active disagreements about various matters between forum members. Whatever the end result, it happens without ANY language or Flaming (personal attacks). I struggled for a while, but have received only one polite warning for posting a link with language.
:newsmile055:
Our moderators are a dilligent group, and this salty tongued old shade tree, wanna be mechanic has learned a lot here, the two most important being knowing when to abstain from an immediate reply, and some good "G" rated words when I do reply. :laugh

Last edited:
all of the pics that were deemed unsuitable and trust me there were a few, were removed what is left up there is nothing more than what you should see at a rally, fashion show or the beach

Haha... and my honest to goodness first reaction was, "can we pay a fee to get copies of the 'unsuitable' collection???"

J/K.. I agree with ya Hobbit, but my wife probably wouldn't like it. ;)

Thanks!!!

all of the pics that were deemed unsuitable and trust me there were a few, were removed what is left up there is nothing more than what you should see at a rally, fashion show or the beach or at the very least should be, took me/speed/glider weeks to remove them all :D

Hey Hobbit. I have been looking for that disgard pile so I can inspect and learn exactly what I should be on the lookout for when looking through the photo galleries. Please set me on the right path!!!

:newsmile011:

TQ

sorry guys this is way to PC for me,so i'm off to pastures new,without the freedom of speach police cheers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back