Info?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by gunsablazin, Sep 9, 2009.

1. gunsablazin

gunsablazin Member

Do any of you HD Gurus know where I could get an owners manual for my '99 XL883C. I have had the bike about a month now and love it, I just want to be sure it gets all the TLC it needs so I can get years of fun out of it. I have a friend who works on bikes for his dads shop and he fixed me up with new tires and oil and filter and primary lube change. The bike runs and sounds great, I just want to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Robin

Attached Files:

2. joe1984

joe1984 Member

you can get a owners manual a parts or service manual right through the HARLEY DAVIDSON web site under genuine motor accesories!!!

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Also any dealer can get it for you if they don't have it in stock.

4. gunsablazin

gunsablazin Member

Thanks guys, I stopped by Thunder Creek Harley Davidson yesterday and they can order one for $20. The counter guy asked why I would want one, and told me if I plan to work on the bike any I need the shop manual, which is $60.

Thanks,

Robin

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Get them both. The owners manual has the general info that is useful to many.

6. joe1984

joe1984 Member

I just received my clymer manual its a good manual i wish i would have bought the one from harley though i found out they had it after i ordered the cylmer like a month ago