free website stats program Info on Wide glides. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on Wide glides.

They can be rather demanding every time you pass an HD dealer they want something new.
They really like chrome and black bolt on parts.

+1 for this. My '03 is horrible for this!! It is an amazing bike, you will not be disappointed with this one.

Thanks for the input leg room is what i am after i cant cope with mid controls long legs and bung hips! Plus i like the look. Is the motor an A? and does it have three seperate oil needs (primary, engine and gearbox)?

The forward controls are very comfortable. Kuryakyn also sells 3" extensions for around $200. I put these on mine and quite enjoy them. I am 6'1".

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like my Wide Glide, and would not hesitate to buy another one (as long as it doesn't look like the 2010:newsmile055:). I put a Lindbar on it for an additional foot position and it is great to ride:p!!

Milo,

I really like the Wide Glide. I am on my second one. It is Harley's factory version of a chopper. I have also made several 1000 mile plus trips and ready for more. I agree with Breeze3a about the 21" front wheel, but I have done the same thing that Jaxdwg mentioned switching to the 90x90x21, and for me it also made a big difference.

Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!

I rode my 06 from gold Coast to Cairns in 2 days and loved every minute. Could have turned around and went back. Great choice of bike.

Forgot to mention that I moved the forward controls out 2 inches to suit my long legs. Made it more comfortable on longer rides.

hey, Milo. Don't know how US dollars relate to your dollars but i tried to sell my '06 dyna super glide late last year with no success. Value was $9,200 and I got no nibbles on $8,000. If you're buying used and your sales market is down like it is here in US. You should be able to pick up a nice bike for reasonable money. Right now the buyer is usually in the stronger position as most sellers aren't getting much action on thier bikes. Some models will be the exception to the rule but I don't think the low rider is one of them. Loved my super glide, but would have gone to a touring model if I had more seat time then. Super glide isn't the best road bike for touring but a great all around bike.

just a quick Q when you talk about the front tyre 80x90 and 90x90 is 80 the width?Are there any issues with changing the size?
Cheers milo

Back