free website stats program Info on Wide glides. | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on Wide glides.

milo2

Just after any info on wide glides seen one in dealer that iam keen on. Anything particular to beware of with this model. Also does anyone have an inkling as to realistic price '07 low Kms and standard in reasonable condition. I live in Aus so other values not pertinent.
Thanks for any advice.:newsmile093:

They are a great bike and 07 has all the updates, don't know about prices on them, and only bad habit they have is if you take them to lunch they don't want to bring you back to work afterwards:D

The only negative thing I can think of, is the narrow 21" front wheel can be a little "twitchy" over road scars that run in direction of travel. I think the WG is the best looking cruiser in the line up. The only reason I didn't get one, is forward controls are not comfortable for me (short legs).

I think the Wide Glide is a great bike! I think it often boils down to the style and fit of the bike you like.

I've taken several 2000+ mile trips on mine and thought the bike was great. However, a real cruise control would have been nice on some of those trips. Bottom line...........I've really enoyed the bike!

I've got 95k miles on my 02 and I've been extremely happy with it. I went to the 90x90x21 front over the 80x90x21 and it made the front stick waaay better. I did 4800 miles in ten days and was ready for more. I also put on Progressive 1/2" longer than stock rear shocks and that made it ride a bunch smoother, and with the mustang vintage wide seat it is a top notch comfortable ride but is still quite nimble in the twisties. You won't be disappointed with a wide glide----jack

Thanks for the input leg room is what i am after i cant cope with mid controls long legs and bung hips! Plus i like the look. Is the motor an A? and does it have three seperate oil needs (primary, engine and gearbox)?

I rode a friends 03 for a couple hundred miles and loved it. I bet I could have rode it longer than my ultra classic

Milo - I really enjoy my 02 Wide Glide - it handles great with over 40 K so far no major problems. The only things I will probably change is a wider front tire due to occasional washout on tight curves and a wider seat - all in all it's a great model with good power and great looks. I think you'll make a really good choice if you get one and you will not be disappointed. TC Ian

Back