free website stats program Info on Koa Kabins???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on Koa Kabins????

Thanks for the info.....I was thinking about the security issue for the bike(s) as well. Seems kinda quite and secluded (read safe). The KOA website shows a kabin for up to four people with air, refridge, and bathroom for $80.00 a night, however there is a 10% discount if you have a Value Kamp Card??? (Which I don't have) I think it is around $20-25 per year membership.

Thanks for the info.....I was thinking about the security issue for the bike(s) as well. Seems kinda quite and secluded (read safe). The KOA website shows a kabin for up to four people with air, refridge, and bathroom for $80.00 a night, however there is a 10% discount if you have a Value Kamp Card??? (Which I don't have) I think it is around $20-25 per year membership.

$24.00 to be exact.
WAP.gif

I am trying to plan a ride for my dad and I up to Kentucky Lake/Big Sandy area this spring and was thinking of staying in one of the Koa Kabins for a couple of nights. I've never stayed at one of these campsites/cabins so I have ZERO experience here....on long trips I usually get a motel or stay with friends.

I was thinking that what better way to top off a great day on the road than around a campfire (with your favorite beverage) out in the great outdoors. Plus the benifit of having a real bed to crawl into at night, which is even more benificial in the event of inclimate weather. The way I see it...its the best of both worlds. However, I thought I would engage the world famous, ingenious minds of this site for your wisdom on this endeavor! :newsmile045: Thanks!
To be a little nosy, explain what you mean by Big Sandy area. I live right beside the Big Sandy river, it's nowhere near Kentucky Lake.

i have stayed in them for years. they run from about 50.00 to the most was 89.00 out in jackson hole wy. they always have clean showers, hot water, some sort of snack bar and ice cream cookies. some like the one i stay in for sturgis is just like going home...most have heaters, some have a/c. all i carry is sleeping bag (or sheets if you want), pillow, single burner stove, coffee pot and i am good to go and all that i have encountered are biker friendly. i have never had a problem with conceal carry but i dont walk around the campsite with my shoulder holster on. just my 2 cents
patrick

To be a little nosy, explain what you mean by Big Sandy area. I live right beside the Big Sandy river, it's nowhere near Kentucky Lake.

Sorry, Kentucky Lake/Land between the Lakes...The KOA site states the campground is near Cadiz, KY.

Sorry, Kentucky Lake/Land between the Lakes...The KOA site states the campground is near Cadiz, KY.
:cheers Ok. Was gonna buy you a beer if you were over in the Big Sandy area. Since you are gonna be so close, try the Mammoth Cave area why you are there.

:cheers Ok. Was gonna buy you a beer if you were over in the Big Sandy area. Since you are gonna be so close, try the Mammoth Cave area why you are there.

uhhh.....plans can be changed! Ha Ha! Very kind of you, Sir! Due to my directional inaccuracy, I believe it is I, that owes you a beer!

I rode a Sporty from Dothan, AL to Mammoth Cave, Ky a few years back (without a windshield). Great time had by all. I stopped at Bowling Green HD and bought a windshield for the trip back, though!:bigsmiley12:

The KOA Kabins do not havve any bedding, towels, pillows. All they have is just the beds.

The KOA Kabins do not havve any bedding, towels, pillows. All they have is just the beds.

What you just said is very useful information. I would hate like heck to arrive there, check in dog tired after riding all day, and then look forward to a good nights sleep ( hopefully( only to find that there are no sheets, blankets or pillow cases! :(
At least now know to bring some if we were to go there. :s

I carry a sleeping bag when I travel because you never know where you might stop. If we do stay at a KOA in a bed we still use a sleeping bag.

Back