free website stats program Info on Koa Kabins???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on Koa Kabins????

softail41

I am trying to plan a ride for my dad and I up to Kentucky Lake/Big Sandy area this spring and was thinking of staying in one of the Koa Kabins for a couple of nights. I've never stayed at one of these campsites/cabins so I have ZERO experience here....on long trips I usually get a motel or stay with friends.

I was thinking that what better way to top off a great day on the road than around a campfire (with your favorite beverage) out in the great outdoors. Plus the benifit of having a real bed to crawl into at night, which is even more benificial in the event of inclimate weather. The way I see it...its the best of both worlds. However, I thought I would engage the world famous, ingenious minds of this site for your wisdom on this endeavor! :newsmile045: Thanks!

I am trying to plan a ride for my dad and I up to Kentucky Lake/Big Sandy area this spring and was thinking of staying in one of the Koa Kabins for a couple of nights. I've never stayed at one of these campsites/cabins so I have ZERO experience here....on long trips I usually get a motel or stay with friends.

I was thinking that what better way to top off a great day on the road than around a campfire (with your favorite beverage) out in the great outdoors. Plus the benifit of having a real bed to crawl into at night, which is even more benificial in the event of inclimate weather. The way I see it...its the best of both worlds. However, I thought I would engage the world famous, ingenious minds of this site for your wisdom on this endeavor! :newsmile045: Thanks!

I stayed in a KOA campground for rolling thunder last year. I tented it but many of my friends got cabins. They were small but clean......air conditioned......just enough room for the two beds and a night stand and a couple of small chairs but the decks on the back were large and they enjoyed them.......they reserved their cabins for this years rolling thunder before they even left the campground last year so they definatetly were impressed!

Not sure if you pack heat or not, you need to look up the particular campground because some of the sheeple running those do not allow any type of firearm on there site under any circumstances even if you have a conceal permit. I always look before staying anywhere. FWIW

I have stayed a KOA several times. I have always stayed in a tent or either my enclosed trailer so I can't say anything about the cabins. The people at the KOA's are alway nice and to me it beats staying in a motel.

How much do they charge to spend the night? Just curious.

he asked what it costs and I told him. As far as the accomadations a bed is a bed, community showers, grills, etc.
WAP.gif
. I stay here because of the security for your bike.

Back