free website stats program Info on how to use m/c jack on Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Info on how to use m/c jack on Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only have a Dyna on the stand and it does feel a bit wobbly, but sturdy. As others have said you have to overcome the nervousness of it. I would say it is not going anywhere. If you search around this forum you can find Smitty sitting on his RoadGlide raised up on one of these jacks. Put the ties downs on it to minimize the wobble, jack it up, then put the lock on (Don't forget the last part).

I never looked at if from this angle, but I would venture to guess it is similar as the rear of the bike is heavy and this is the jacks way of distributing the load.

Breeze - bwalsh....appreciate the feedback. Man, I see the twist in that lift pad and makes me nervous. I bought this one off craigslist and the guy seemed anal on his tools and wouldn't let me roll it 10ft across the asphalt to my truck..so couldn't imagine I had been taken when buying this. If you guys are seeing the same twist as well, at least I know this is normal.

And yea, got the same 6" offset from front wheel to rear wheel once both clear the ground as well Breeze. I guess if you guys have seen this same twist on the lift pad and are ok with it..I'll have to learn to get comfortable w/ it...can't says that I like it though lol. I've been checking into a J&S and can't do the appx $400 right now for one of those. And this one is nice as I can take the handle out and slide it under the workbench in the garage when not using. So it tucks away nicely.

Fellas..I appreciate the assistance -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back