free website stats program Inflating tube | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inflating tube

Yup look here
X001-Y001.jpg
This valve stem is for a tubeless tire, I have 2 and they won't work with a tube.
I think what Don referred to is a tube with 90 degree stem coming out of the tube.

That was/is the trouble.
how to control and correct if necessary the pressure of your tire..
that valve stem..
Btw,I owned another HD.with 90 deg. valve stems..
2 Of my friends own HD's with 90 deg. valve stems..
Isn't it just a Touring "problem"?
Yes........
I guess with the cost and at times issue with the 90 steel valves leaking is why most shops just install new straight rubber valves..... I guess its a headache dependent on how often you check your pressures...:(

Yes........
I guess with the cost and at times issue with the 90 steel valves leaking is why most shops just install new straight rubber valves..... I guess its a headache dependent on how often you check your pressures...:(
Yep the rear especially can be a bit of challenge. As one could surmise my 90* extensions screw into the existing straight valve stem.

Yep the rear especially can be a bit of challenge. As one could surmise my 90* extensions screw into the existing straight valve stem.
My concern would be leaving the extension on all the time. With vibration and threaded to valve stem I would be concerned of extension loosing air.

I already beat him up on the phone Don.:p
Still fighting nice like brothers after all these years......;)

My concern would be leaving the extension on all the time. With vibration and threaded to valve stem I would be concerned of extension loosing air.

Still fighting nice like brothers after all these years......;)
Hey dbmg, I absolutely agree... I never leave it on. Would be unsafe due to likely loss of air, not to mention it sticks out quite a bit. I put it on to air up and then remove it. I can see now my post may have led one to believe I did so.

I bought the valve stem extension that Jack Klarich provided a link to, and it works well. I also found that you can push the valve stem off center enough to get a normal pressure tester on the end.

Back