free website stats program Indy riders - Lets go get a Moon burger 4/18/09 | Harley Davidson Forums

Indy riders - Lets go get a Moon burger 4/18/09

Ozoneman

There is a place south of Casey, Illinois called Moonshine.

YouTube - Bill Geist-World's Best Burger (CBS Sunday Morning)

This coming weekend there is a bike rally (mostly metrics however some HD) going on in Casey and on Saturday everyone rides out to Moonshine (just south of Casey) for a Moon Burger. Anyone can go. There is a lot of iron butt riders that attend this event. People come from all over the US and Canada.

Right now the forecast says 66 degrees and only a 20 percent chance of rain. The night before it will only go down to 48 degrees. So I am going to Moonshine! Anyone else want to go with me? I am only going for the Saturday Lunch Run to Moonshine from Casey. Here is the web site for the whole weekend event. Be sure to read the "History" page.
2009 - 5th Annual Moonshine Lunch Run - Home

I figure it is about a 2 hour ride to Casey. Then we need to ride from Casey to Moonshine (another half hour maybe). So I figure in order to get there before the Moonshine grill is closed at 12:30pm, I would like to leave by 9:00am on Saturday. Westside Harley dealership would be a great staging area for us to meet. I figure it would be nicer to ride down route 40 instead of Interstate 70. Or we could take 70 for awhile and then jump on 40.

After eating Moon burgers we can then head back to Indy and get home well before dark.

So what do you think? Anyone want to go?

155 miles from my house. Since a good cheeseburger is my favorite meal maybe I'll have to take a ride over there sometime.

The weather forecast has recently improved. 71 degrees on Saturday and mostly sunny. They took the 20 percent chance of rain out. Morning temp will be a low of 49 degrees.

It is going to be a great day for riding!

Last edited:
Back