free website stats program Industry Std Part # for HD Part # | Harley Davidson Forums

Industry Std Part # for HD Part #

Tripacer

Can any one supply the Industry Std Part #s for Bearing
Crossing the HD # over
im going to replace all the Bearing in my 97 Eglide and want to make sure i get them Made in the USA

folloing is HD part # for the Brearings i need

8996A
8876A
3051-89
33906-90

some of these are Torrington type others are Ball (both Single and Double Row and some are Split type Berings Part # came from my 97 Parts Catalog

Thanks

You don't say where you are, but if in the states, find your local bearing supplier and bring the bearings to measure the to size. If that's possible.
The sizes are generally right on the face of the bearings, but, barring that, they will need to be measuered and matched up. No big deal for the supplier. then you can get the type of bearing you want, manufactuerer wise.
I would think it might be hard to match the HD part number with a known size. Have you checked in the Parts book?...that might give a size and you're good to go.

Years ago it used to be cheaper to source bearings from a bearing supplier, but I think you will discover that the bearing suppliers prices will be pretty close to the price you will pay at the dealer.

As JerryB & Dan89 said, HD bearings likely cross to standard ones, but one advantage is you can order dimensionally the same, and even get superior ones, but cost will be the same or more.

I remember getting a bearing for my starter motor in a Yamaha metric in the 1980's, it had a single oil seal and had a "slinger" in front to prevent engine oil splashing. I got a heavier duty one with dual seals to prevent the lubricant from getting diluted by engine oil and the cost of the bearing in that one case WAS cheaper from a bearing supply house, so there are deals to be had...just have to decide if it is worth the trouble.

Back