free website stats program Indicator to running light conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

Indicator to running light conversion

llandie.50

Hi
Does any one know if there is a plug in kit to change the uk spec indicators to the running lamp / indicator seen in the US.
883C 2006 year.

Thanks

Mick

Thanks Hobbit I always like to learn what I can about other countries,their laws and customs:)

Thanks Hobbit I always like to learn what I can about other countries,their laws and customs:)

On a similar subject, are Canada spec bikes different from the US like the car headlights/driving light are running all the time or are they able to be switched off separate? When we take US spec bikes into Canada are we required to have 'em all on also? Just curious... :coffee

On a similar subject, are Canada spec bikes different from the US like the car headlights/driving light are running all the time or are they able to be switched off separate? When we take US spec bikes into Canada are we required to have 'em all on also? Just curious... :coffee

Our laws are the same where daytime running lights are concerned they must stay on at all times.reflectors are another thing my bike is a U.S. bike and they wanted me to add more reflectors to conform to Canadian standards.

Our laws are the same where daytime running lights are concerned they must stay on at all times.reflectors are another thing my bike is a U.S. bike and they wanted me to add more reflectors to conform to Canadian standards.

Hi Steve07, how many "square inches" did you have to add or did you have to use Canadian spec ones similar to our DOT rated ones (I presume the red ones out back or did they want white ones facing front (like Euro-spec) and amber ones on the forward sides? :newsmile020:

Amber on the forward sides and red reflective one the rear DOT specs. is what they wanted. they even want amber reflector on the forward frame.which you can't see if you put lowers on.

Amber on the forward sides and red reflective one the rear DOT specs. is what they wanted. they even want amber reflector on the forward frame.which you can't see if you put lowers on.

Thanks, if I am traveling up that-a-way I will keep it in mind...

To be "honest" a lot of "customizers" pull those things off, *heh heh* (heatgun works great) along with extraneous decals (WD-40 here) but when time comes to meet inspection...respectfully put 'em back on! :hii

But we are not "outlaws" are we...:D

Thanks, if I am traveling up that-a-way I will keep it in mind...

To be "honest" a lot of "customizers" pull those things off, *heh heh* (heatgun works great) along with extraneous decals (WD-40 here) but when time comes to meet inspection...respectfully put 'em back on! :hii

But we are not "outlaws" are we...:D

You can ride here all you wan't without their lighting "UPGRADES" it just can't be liscensed in the province of Ontario.I have the sticker that says I conform,But I didn't put the add on reflectors,I think they look like heck.

Thank God for Government .. .they take such good care of us, always looking out for us because we're too dumb to take care of ourselves.

Back