independent tech in south Louisiana?

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by jhouk, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jhouk

jhouk New Member

I'm sick of being fleeced by my local HD dealer. Can anyone recommend a reliable and trustworthy technician in southern Louisiana? thanks

2. wjsjr

wjsjr Member

Just for suggestion, if your HD Dealer sponsors a HOG Chapter- attend a meeting and ask if anyone has a recommendation. In my group many members use INDY shops. Good luck.

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree, find a good indy and avoid the dealer as much as you can.

4. bfdast

bfdast New Member

Where abouts in South Louisiana?

5. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Mike Cats Cycle Works in Kenner. If you are willing to travel to Alabama, several good ones there.

H & D Cycles Lillian AL 251-961-2259
    Hildreth Performance Madison AL 256-771-0182
    Rods Performance Hanceville AL 256 352 2643

6. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

I have heard a lot of good things about Mike Cats in Kenner. Never been there. I did call him once to discuss the cam chain adjusters and all that goes with changing them. He was very knowledgible, polite, and cost estimates were no more than any dealership would have been. I would certainly consider him with any major motor/tranny work in my future if required.

anyone have any reviews on SLY DOG in Baton Rouge? I have also heard good things about his shop.

Bill

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  7. bfdast

bfdast New Member

Sorry bill wish I could help you, I can only recommend one's north of the lake

8. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

OK but JHouk was asking the original question. I just asked about Sly Dogs in Baton Rouge.

And so North of 'the lake' (Pontchatrain Im guessing) - who do you know about?
    Thanks
    Bill

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  9. bfdast

bfdast New Member

Sorry, there's a guy in Folsom north of Covington that alot of people use around here, Jasons cycles. Great guy from what I hear. Never heard a bad word!!!

10. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

always thankful for that sorta information -

Thanks
    Bill