free website stats program Inappropriate Language | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Inappropriate Language

Good riddance - let retiredguy stay home & yell at kids from his porch. "No HDTimeline for you."

I received a warning--and was glad I got it. Confused, but glad.

I want to be here. Like any other group, there are social mores. You have to 'learn' the room. We like to think of ourselves as 'rugged individualists.' And many times that's not the case.

My reprimand was clear. I used a word not approved by the forum moderators. My confusion stemmed from the fact that I considered the word slang, it was not provocative, sexual or a recognized swear word.

However, consider the alternative. Since the moderators did not know me at that time, they could have just as easily stated, "He's new, he might be a troublemaker, let's get rid of him now." I could have very easily been banned on the spot.

I believe in mentoring. When your 'young apprentice' crosses a line, you correct him. No big deal. In time the moderators will know me, and during that same period I will better understand the playing field. Win/win.

Rules are rules maybe if I got rid of the Stache I could fit in with the Girlish crowd:p

I've got a Pink Knit Bob kit I can sell you. Got it at a great deal on the Knit Forum. I never installed it. Joy and her Knitters banned me because I wasn't tough enough to hang with them, so now I no longer need it.

Im feeling a little down right now because I cant spell...

:lolrolling Mat you absolutely crack me up sometimes :lolrolling. That's good, you can't imagine the humor I get from some of your posts that ONLY YOU could create. You just need to type slower, quite trying to type as fast as the Fat Boy rides.

Besides you can type you post in MS Works or any cheap (some free) word processor progam and then run a spell check on it, then copy it out to the HDT reply window. That way you wouldn't have to worry bout gettin the wrong first letter on a word like Mam. :lolrolling

If you do get a t shirt like that it would not be advisable to wear it this side of the pond. Brian

Why is that ? Is it because Redneck is more of an unpopular pejorative over there ? (as it was here prior to Jeff Foxworthly jokes).

You see when you ARE one you can get away with speaking it, more than an outsider might in another context. That kinda goes with any culture group or label.

Course seems I remember reading redneck was an all together different defintion over there, was a history thing ?

Or is the POOF image a bit scary given the riots in the streets lately ?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i am enjoying this thread, but you could you guys pleas type slower i am having a hard time reading when you type so fast...:naughty:naughty:D

RWD, i agree with Brian don't where (did i spell that right) that shirt over there, you might make more friends than you wanted

:bigsmiley14: I think a "poof" is sorta like a girly man on that side of the pond.:bigsmiley13:

poof

2    [poof, poo
thinsp.png
f] Show IPA
noun British . Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
1. a male homosexual.

2. an effeminate male.

:bigsmiley14: I think a "poof" is sorta like a girly man on that side of the pond.:bigsmiley13:

OMG, yep be puttin my T shirt away if I come visit you Brian :lolrolling

Just goes to show what different cultures have goin on. I know some folks from other countries that the way their name is spelled in English letters was not be allowed on HDT :lolrolling

BTW if possible to answer here, but how in the world did that the 'girly' thing get equated with POOF. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring how that came about.

OMG it just hit me, there are UK folks vacationing here. Scratch my order of the POOF shirt !

OMG, yep be puttin my T shirt away if I come visit you Brian :lolrolling

Just goes to show what different cultures have goin on. I know some folks from other countries that the way their name is spelled in English letters was not be allowed on HDT :lolrolling

BTW if possible to answer here, but how in the world did that the 'girly' thing get equated with POOF. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring how that came about.

OMG it just hit me, there are UK folks vacationing here. Scratch my order of the POOF shirt !

RWB...better not ask what they call a cigarette either....:D

RWB...better not ask what they call a cigarette either....:D

Whoa, Brian don't think I'm gonna be plannin a visit to your side of the pond. Too many variables for this old Redneck to deal with. :lolrolling

Back