free website stats program In the market... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

In the market...

My sportster is an 883 that is stage 1 and on most occasions it is fine i have loaded it up and rode across the northern part of Europe on it normally cruising at about 70 to 80 mph it will do at least 95 thats where i start to back off however at 50 mph in top gear to accelerate past a car i do need to drop a gear
if you like the look of it then why not at least give it a test drive if you buy and later find there is not enough power conversion to 1200 will make for a very quick bike as it will have the gearing of an 883 and the power of a 1200

Brian

The 883 heads out perform stock 1200 heads, that said u could do some mods to an 883 and have plenty of punch, have a look at Screaming Eagle parts :s

Now you guys are talking about upgrading the 883 with engine mods to have more power than the 1200..:nosad
The XR1200 has 74 ft lbs of torque and 90 hp. Plus it will go around corners like it is on rails.........:small3d029:
OK I will stop now.....:s

Now you guys are talking about upgrading the 883 with engine mods to have more power than the 1200..:nosad
The XR1200 has 74 ft lbs of torque and 90 hp. Plus it will go around corners like it is on rails.........:small3d029:

Just sayin, nothing wrong with an 883, they can be hot rodded should one want to pretty easy and many parts available to do this:s The Buell heads and stock 883 heads than stock 1200

The op likes the look of an 883 but is not sure if it would have enough power for his needs
and if he did get an 883 that he liked the look of and later wanted more power then the conversion is available

Brian

Had an 07 1200, with forward controls, spoiled me right away. The only thing I found out I didn't like was trying to ride two up, bike is just too small, not stretched out enough.

Well, I am off to the dealer tomorrow. I really like the look of the Nightster & yet Dealer thinks I should focus on the 1200 Custom as its much more customizable. But I love the aggressive look the Nightster has with that small/narrow tank.

Speaking of tank size. For those of you who own a Sportser with the "peanut tank". How is it on mileage ? Do you have to fill up every 45 minutes of so of riding ? On the 1200 Custom the tank seems so much bigger.

Rgds, Shawn

On the 2 sportsters i have had i did change the tank for a larger tank as the peanut tank would give about 70 miles at best and as i live in a rural part of Scotland finding fuel can be a bit of a challenge at times

Brian

Back