free website stats program In-expensive "97 Softail Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

In-expensive "97 Softail Windshield

I am looking to buy an in-expensive clear windshield for my '97 Hetitage Softail Classic. I would like to use my own mounting hardware and want a clear windshield. The hole Centers for mine are from the center 7 inches to the left and right and then 2 and 1/2 to he next one on each side. Going down the first one is 4 and 3/4 and the second is another 6 down. Any suggestions?

Contact a local glass company and see what they will charge you to cut one from Lexan using your old one as a templet.

I would purchase a piece of lexan from a company like Tap plastics and cut my own. My Harley windshield had to be shortened about 1 1/2" and it is easy. Look in the self help section for tips. You will probably have to cut and ride several times to get the shape you want. Then use that as a template to cut the final one and you will be set.

Believe it or not The Home Depot carries 3'x4' pieces of clear lexan for about $65. Not sure what a stock or aftermarket replacement w/s would cost ya, but that could be an option. Unless of course it's contoured and molded in a certain shape that can't be feasibly recreated with a flat sheet.

"I am looking to buy an in-expensive clear windshield for my '97 Hetitage Softail Classic."

Why not just buy the glass? If you already have the hardware just buy the glass. E-Bay, Craigslist, motorcycle salvage, Blemished glass, or just give Memphis Shades a call at 901-853-0293, according to web site new glass (can get tinted if you wanted) between $80-95 bucks.
Just saying:bigsmiley11: Here is there web site as well Memphis Shades | Motorcycle Windshields | Replacement Plastics
Good luck

Back